Below are some removal resources to help with your removal.
To download just click on the title of each item and a pdf will open in a new window.
The task list and menu planner are fillable forms or they can be printed.
Do’s and Don’ts of Moving
Some helpful tips on what to do and what not to do when preparing for your furniture removal.
- Use the furniture removalists cartons
- Take out insurance
- Ask questions about items that concern you
- Pack items you will need upon arrival in a box or suitcase and place it in your car
- Pack everything that can fit into a removalist carton this will prevent items from being damaged
- Keep jewellery, passports and other valuable documents separate to be conveyed by you
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions for moving appliances
- Empty all petrol powered items safely. BBQ gas cylinders need to be purged by an authorised dealer
- Wash all garden tools of soil if travelling interstate and check which plants can be taken
- Inspect the house thoroughly before the removalist leaves
- Keep cleaning equipment apart so you can clean when the removalist has gone
- Don’t leave any articles you don’t want packed in the house
- Don’t use cartons from the supermarket
- Don’t leave items in walkways
- Don’t leave small items to be put on the truck loose
- Don’t hover around the removalist and offer suggestions
- Don’t leave dirty dishes or dirty clothing unattended
- Don’t leave food in the fridge
- Don’t empty the BBQ bottle by simply letting the gas out into the atmosphere or burning it off
- Don’t pack ammunition, aerosol cans and other explosive items
- Don’t criticize the workmen in how they do their work
- Don’t insist on the workmen packing your things the way you want it done
Sometimes, because of the stress you may be under, things seem worse than what they are.