Below are some removal resources to help with your removal.
To download just click on the title of each item and a pdf will open in a new window.
Do’s and Don’ts of Moving
Some helpful tips on what to do and what not to do when preparing for your furniture removal.
- Use the furniture removalists cartons
- Take out insurance
- Ask questions about items that concern you
- Pack items you will need upon arrival in a box or suitcase and place it in your car
- Pack everything that can fit into a removalist carton this will prevent items from being damaged
- Keep jewellery, passports and other valuable documents separate to be conveyed by you
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions for moving appliances
- Empty all petrol powered items safely. BBQ gas cylinders need to be purged by an authorised dealer
- Wash all garden tools of soil if travelling interstate and check which plants can be taken
- Inspect the house thoroughly before the removalist leaves
- Keep cleaning equipment apart so you can clean when the removalist has gone
- Don’t leave any articles you don’t want packed in the house
- Don't use cartons from the supermarket
- Don't leave items in walkways
- Don't leave small items to be put on the truck loose
- Don’t hover around the removalist and offer suggestions
- Don’t leave dirty dishes or dirty clothing unattended
- Don’t leave food in the fridge
- Don’t empty the BBQ bottle by simply letting the gas out into the atmosphere or burning it off
- Don’t pack ammunition, aerosol cans and other explosive items
- Don’t criticize the workmen in how they do their work
- Don’t insist on the workmen packing your things the way you want it done
Sometimes, because of the stress you may be under, things seem worse than what they are.