Prepare your office destination floor plan
- Plan a place for everything to go so that nothing is left to chance.
- If similar items need to go into different rooms, consider putting coloured stickers or labels on items or tag furniture with a corresponding door number or area.
Photocopiers & computers
- Always check the manufacturers operating instructions, and carry out any preparation required.
- For warranty purposes check with your IT professional they may prefer to move these items themselves.
- Notify your customers, business partners, local governance service providers of your move.
- Organise cleaning of your uplift office rooms.
Plan your packing
- We will provide cartons free of charge for local removals, but conditions do apply.
- Use mainly book cartons for easy lifting and make sure the cartons packed are not over-filled or under-filled, the top flaps need to remain level when folded closed and the carton is firm when you press on the top.
- Label each carton with persons name, brief descrition of what is in the carton, and bookshelf number, and shelf level number also room destination according to the floor plan.
- Is there any packing required for records, archives or libraries and do these need to be packed in chronological order.
- Pack loose items on desks onto cartons.
- Desks, bookcases and stationery cabinets, credenzas must be emptied completely and their contents packed.
- Lock or tape doors and drawers closed. Label these items according to destination floor plan.
- Place keys into a plastic ziplock bag that one person has access to.
- Lock or tape filing cabinets to prevent opening during transport. Tape keys to the surface of the cabinet or place with other keys in a ziplock bag.
- Filing cabinets may be left un-emptied if there are no stairs at uplift or destination.
Email us for an obligation free quote.